How do I fill out a Witness Slip?
A witness slip is a person's or group's official position on a particular bill. A witness slip can be filed on behalf of yourself or on behalf of an organization you are representing. Anyone can file a witness slip and one does not need to register for an account to file one. However, registering allows you to:
- Save all of your user information such as name, address, phone number, email, business and representation, eliminating the need to re-enter the information on each witness slip.
- Create a witness slip in just a few clicks.
- View all of your witness slips filed for each chamber for the current GA.
- Filter and sort by committee name, date/time and legislation number.
- Update user information, testimony and positions on filed witness slips.
- Log on to the ILGA Dashboard to enter and manage witness slips.
Witness slips may only be filed when the piece of legislation is scheduled for a committee hearing. You may also file a witness slip on subject matter in committee.
For guidance on how to file a witness slip, click here!